We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and our knowledgeable, professional staff.
G. Tydeman jewellers was founded in 1790 in Stowmarket by George Tydeman and stayed in the Tydeman family until the 1950’s when it taken over by previous employees of the Tydeman family. They carried on running the business until the early 70’s when it was bought by John and Florrie Heller. John learnt his trade as a jeweller and watch maker in London’s west end, it was in 1965 when John and Florrie moved to Suffolk and bought their first shop in Norwich Road, Ipswich. They built this into a successful business and acquired a second shop, G Tydeman Jewellers in Stowmarket.
Their son-in-law, Les, joined the business in 1984 and is the Managing Director with his son-in-law, Joe, joining the business in 2013 and now Manager at the shop.
We are members of the National Association of Jewellers and The Company of Master Jewellers.